Make Time for Life™ is LifeCanada’s national campaign intended to
bring attention to their orientation program for
volunteering in pastoral care: The Dying
Dying Healed is a concept that explains how a person can pass from this life healed, not physically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It is not possible to heal all the pains that accompany disease and terminal illness, but we can help those suffering to experience healing of a deeper kind.
The purpose of the Dying Healed program is to give volunteers confidence that their presence at the bedside of a lonely or dying person is an invaluable service.
This program is intended to be a preparatory
training for those who would like to spend time with the elderly, ill, disabled
and dying, those most vulnerable to the negative influences of Canada’s new
euthanasia and assisted suicide legislation.
Attend a Dying HealedTM training program.
Volunteers who have completed the program can
then do the following:
The Program is a preliminary orientation program. It does
· give volunteers a professional credential.
· replace the volunteer training provided by local health care institutions.
· give all the requisite skills necessary to be an effective volunteer.
· train volunteers to act as advocates for vulnerable persons.
· take the place of medical personnel, family, and others in caring for persons in need.
Churches and other organizations can purchase the Dying Healed Program materials and start a Dying Healed training program in their community.
- LifeCanada will provide the support to help individuals become trainers so that the parish or organization can hold their own Dying Healed Program.
· The Dying Healed Program is ideal for churches or pro-life organizations to develop a spirit of volunteerism within their community.
· Any church or group across Canada can use this training model.
START A DYING HEALED PROGRAM IN YOUR AREA
Program Materials include:
1 training manual with learning objectives,
20 workbooks for volunteers,
1 power point training presentation,
Make Time for Life marketing materials
Follow-up forms template
On-line support from LifeCanada