The following is an article written by Virginia Pierlot, a 1st year Holland College student on PEI, who clearly points out, what sometimes babes can only see. Our youth are the hope of the nation and will not stand for fake news! Great job Virginia. continue to speak truth! - Pat Wiedemer
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is forcing an agenda upon the Canadian people that is based on fake human rights, while he is violating our original and real human rights. In the Fall of 2017, Trudeau changed the Canada Summer job applications to force pro-life and religious organizations to go against their conscience and compromise their beliefs. If they want to get funding from the government to hire a student for a summer job, they must sign a federal document that states they agree with ‘reproductive rights of women’ that includes abortion as a right.(1) When someone tries to apply online for funds, but does not click the box conforming to his ideology, the application can not continue until that box is checked. This decision will affect the Canadian Summer Jobs Grant of 2018. Trudeau’s decision will also affect all religious and pro-life groups across Canada. People are horrified.
Firstly, human rights are not granted by government.
Human rights are granted by God. Christian Social teaching states that human rights are based on being human, and on our human dignity as a person. This comes from the fact that we are all made in the image and likeness of God, (2) and we are all called to communion with God. Rights are recognized, but not invented, by man.
Secondly, abortion is not a human right.
The Universal Declaration Of Human Rights in Article 3 states, “Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and security of a person.” Article 6. states, “Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.” Article 2 states, “Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion… [and] birth…”(3) This means, both born and unborn have a right to life because they are human persons. There is no reference to abortion in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There is no reference to reproductive rights in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There is no reference to women’s-only rights in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms Section 7 states, “Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person, and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.” (4) There is no reference to abortion in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. There is no reference to reproductive rights in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. There is no reference to women’s-only rights in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
In fact, in the Supreme Court of Canada Morgentaler case in 1988, two of the judges in the case stated: “Save for the provisions of the Criminal Code permitting abortion where the life or health of the woman is at risk, no right of abortion can be found in Canadian law, custom or tradition and the Charter.”(5) This means that the case which struck down the abortion laws in Canada did not even consider abortion a human right.
So, abortion is a fake human right.
Prime Minister Trudeau is violating our real human rights. Both the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms agree that there is a human right to life, and a human right to freedom of religion.
The Declaration in Article 2, and the Charter in section 15, protect against discrimination on the basis of religious freedom. In the CBC editorial, David Millard Haskell, an associate professor of Religion and Culture at Wilfrid Laurier University, wrote “The danger here is that if a government can pretend a law into existence, it can pretend others out of existence.”(6) Trudeau is pretending that abortion is a human right and putting it into law, and is pretending that the right to life and religious freedom are not human rights, and taking them out of law, by forcing his agenda on us, and forcing us to believe what he thinks is right.
Are we, as Canadians, going to put up with ‘pretend rights’?
1. Connolly, Amanda. “Canada Summer Jobs program will no longer fund anti-Abortion, anti-Gay groups.” Global News, 15 Dec. 2017, globalnews.ca/news/3914528/canada-summer-jobs-anti-abortion-anti-gay-groups/. This gives information about Trudeau’s government had ruled for Summer Jobs funding.
2. Greenwell, Esq. Andrew. “Catholic Social Doctrine: Human Rights are Given, Not Taken - Living Faith - Home & Family - News.” Catholic Online, Catholic Online, www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=43639. Human rights are given by God not man.
3. Universal Declaration of Human Rights.” United Nations, United Nations, www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/. It lists all the formal human rights that everyone has as a human being, including the unborn.
4. Branch, Legislative Services. “Constitution Act, 1982.” Legislative Services Branch, 24 Jan. 2018, laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html. Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. This lists all the freedoms and rights that Canadians are entitled to have and not to be discriminated against.
5. “R v Morgentaler Supreme Court Judgement.” R. v. Morgentaler - SCC Cases (Lexum), 0 Jan. 1988, scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/288/index.do. This is the official ruling about abortion in Canada, and it states that there is no constitutional right to abortion in Canada.
6. Haskell, David Millard. “Trudeau is asking religious Canadians to betray their conscience for federal funding: Opinion.” CBCnews, CBC/Radio Canada, 18 Jan. 2018, www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/summer-jobs-program-1.4491602. This article talks about the government making pretend laws, but it doesn’t mean they are true.